It's Grammys Time!
Strange but true, I won a Grammy Award and it's hanging on my office wall.
In February 2006 William Bolcom's Songs of Innocence and of Experience won the Grammy Awards for best classical album released in 2005.
The CD was recorded live at Hill Auditorium at the University of Michigan. This was a massive production which included:
- Conductor: Leonard Slatkin
- The University of Michigan Symphony Orchestra
- The Contemporary Directions Ensemble
- University Musical Society Choral Union
- University of Michigan Chamber Choir
- University of Michigan University Choir
- University of Michigan Orpheus Singers
- Michigan State University Children's Choir
- plus 13 vocal and instrumental soloists. (I was one of the 13 soloists.)
There were over 500 people on stage!
The piece is over 2 hour in length and is available on The Naxos Record Label as a triple CD boxed set.
William Bolcom (1938 - )
- Christine Brewer (Soprano)
- Ilana Davidson (Soprano)
- Measha Bruggergosman (Soprano)
- Nmon Ford-Livene (Baritone)
- Linda Hohenfeld (Soprano)
- Joan Morris (Mezzo Soprano)
- Carmen Pelton (Soprano)
- Marietta Simpson (Mezzo Soprano)
- Thomas Young (Tenor)
- Nathan Lee Graham (Spoken Vocals)
- Tommy Morgan (Harmonica)
- Peter "Madcat" Ruth, (Harmonica + guitar + vocal)
- Jeremy Kittel (Fiddle)